2017 was the hottest year on record for most of Northern Nevada. And while the warmer weather has created complications across the region, nowhere may be as impacted as Lake Tahoe. The delicate ecosystem of the continent’s largest alpine lake has been under assault for decades from invasive species, algae growth and decreasing clarity. But area leaders are now concerned that wildfires may pose an even greater threat to the lake.
- Trump Administration To Overhaul A Program Designed To Save Medicare Money
- Judge Orders Return Of Deported Asylum-Seekers
- Saudi-Led Coalition Strikes School Bus In Yemen, Killing At Least 29 Children
- 'Unite The Right' Rally Forced Charlottesville To Rethink Town's Racial History
- California Wildfires Set Off Political Fight Over Who Should Pay For Damage