Become a KUNR Public Radio Sponsor ... for Effective, Affordable Marketing
- Underwriting messages can address long term branding and outreach goals, and also time-sensitive short term goals. They
- Cost-effective underwriting packages meet the budget requirements of any business or organization.
- We will work together to craft a message to meet your business needs.
KUNR's Presence in Northern Nevada Is Unique
The station brings public radio 24 hours a day to a vast area of northern Nevada and northeastern California - as far north as Susanville and Winnemucca, as far south as Bishop, and east-west from Truckee to Elko. Covering more than 106,000 square miles, KUNR has one of the largest service areas for a U.S. radio station, made possible by 14 translators in rural areas and its sister station in Elko, KNCC. More than 40,000 listeners tune in weekly.
Who is the KUNR listener?
The essential quality that distinguishes public radio listeners from other media audiences can be aptly described by one word - 'more.' Public radio listeners are driven to learn more, to earn more, to spend more and to be more involved in their communities. KUNR / public radio listeners are:
- Educated - 227% more likely to have an advanced college degree than Reno market average for other media.
- Business Professionals - 118% more likely to have a professional/technical occupation than Reno average.
- Affluent - 233% more likely to have a household income of $150,000-plus than Reno average. NPR listeners are 118% more likely than the average American to be in the Top 10% of household income.
- Culturally Aware - 156% more likely to have attended cultural events in the past year than the Reno average.
Public radio listeners are also... Active Consumers, Business-to-Business Purchasers, Key Community Leaders, Technologically Cutting Edge, World Travelers, Outdoor Sports Enthusiasts, Book Readers.
(Sources: The Media Audit Reno, NV January 2007; NPR Profile 2004, MRI Doublebase 2003, Base: Total U.S. Adults; NPR/Jacobs Media, 2003.)
KUNR Listeners Are Your Best Customers - and Employees
KUNR listeners have many traits and characteristics that make them some of your best customers - and employees. NPR listeners are community and business leaders and lead active lifestyles. KUNR programming reaches one of the most educated and affluent audiences in the region.
KUNR Listeners Will Hear Your Sponsorship Message
Compared to commercial radio, public radio has fewer and shorter breaks, which reduces clutter and allows your message to reach the audience.
KUNR Listeners Appreciate Your Support
Public radio has loyal members and listeners, 80 percent of which 'prefer to patronize companies that support public radio. This 'halo effect' creates the ultimate connection between your company and the KUNR audience.
Tapping into Public Radio's Powerful Audience with Messages on KUNR
Your business' or organization's Message on KUNR Public Radio reaches an affluent, highly educated, professionally successful demographic. They are business owners, community leaders, active and engaged people.
You can extend your reach powerfully and with credibility across all of northern Nevada and eastern California. That includes some 40,000 listeners who tune in weekly in the Reno / Carson City area and other communities throughout the region. It is a high-profile venue.
And while other media struggle in a changing environment, KUNR Public Radio enjoys a loyal and vibrant audience. Support of non-profit KUNR Public Radio is a strong and highly visible expression of community leadership. It is a unique combination of philanthropy and effective marketing.
How do I reach KUNR listeners?
Underwriting is the term used to describe on-air announcements about corporate and retail businesses and nonprofit organizations, and their services and events. Learn more about reaching KUNR's audience through an underwriting program. Call our Business Sponsorship staff today - Theresa Reilly at (775) 682-6057 and firstname.lastname@example.org.