The landscape appears arid. Yet, water flows at the heart of the controversy about a federal plan to build a national nuclear waste repository at Yucca Mountain in southwestern Nevada. A new scientific paper concludes water is moving through the mountain much faster than researchers previously had suspected. This may increase the possibility that groundwater in the region could become contaminated with radioactive elements.
- California Closes Indoor Businesses Statewide As COVID-19 Cases Surge
- Miami Hospital ICU Doctor: New Influx Of Patients Is Younger Than Before
- U.S. Military Is Sending Medical Staff To COVID-19 Hotspots
- Schools, Businesses, Cities Push Back On Rule Blocking Some International Students
- At U.K. Care Home, Residents Brilliantly Recreate Iconic Album Covers On Twitter