There’s a shortage of psychiatrists and other mental health professionals across the country. That, along with the lack of treatment facilities, leave some people in crisis with no place to go. That’s why many end up in the emergency room. Nevada, in particular, is ranked 51st in the country, according to the 2018 Mental Health in America report for access to mental health care. Dr. Cari Croghan is an emergency room doctor based in Reno, Nevada and shared some of the challenges of her profession.
- Federal Court Again Blocks Trump's 'Remain In Mexico' Program
- WHO Says Risk Of COVID-19 Is Now 'Very High At A Global Level'
- Lawmakers Press Administration For More Transparency About Coronavirus Response
- Physicist And Iconoclastic Thinker Freeman Dyson Dies At 96
- House Dems Say They're Looking Into Political Influence At Justice Department