Nearly half of all children who develop Type 1 diabetes don't know they have the disease until they end up in a coma in the hospital. Researchers in Virginia have set out to see if a genetic test for Type 1 diabetes can eliminate many of those emergencies. "The risk of Type 1 diabetes is about half genetic and half unknown," says Stephen Rich , director of the Center for Public Health Genomics at the University of Virginia. His team developed a test that can identify people who carry that...
- Biden Takes On Trump With A Sweeping Ethics Plan, Amid Push Back Over Ukraine
- White House Distances Itself From Violent Fake Video Targeting Media And Critics
- Roy, Oh Roy: That 'Succession' Finale Was A Trip
- After U.S. Withdrawal, Kurds Turn To Syrian Regime For Help
- Why Are Health-Care Providers Slapping And Yelling At Mothers During Childbirth?